Cedar Lodge # 60, located in downtown historic Clarkston, Michigan, celebrated it's 152nd year in 2006. The Lodge was Chartered January 13th, 1854 and included many important people in the community as members. They originally met upstairs at Brother N.D. Smith’s general store located at the corner of Main and Washington. Henry Ford used to sit in our lodge.
The current temple was purchased in 1916 and it is also located at the corner of Main and Washington. The temple had a fire in September of 1924 and it was quite extensive. Both the Masons and the Stars held their meetings at Grange Hall while the Temple was rebuilt which wasn't completed until 1925. The Masons and Stars were very involved in their community and the temple and many brothers are featured in the Clarkston historical society museum.
Cedar #60 Lodge of Free & Accepted
1 E. Washington St., Clarkston, MI 48346-1549
©2010 Cedar Lodge # 60